The West Michigan Shoreline Regional Development Commission is a federal and state designated regional planning and development agency serving 120 local governments in Lake, Mason, Muskegon, Newaygo, and Oceana Counties.
WMSRDC is also responsible for the management and administration of the homeland security program for the counties of Clare, Ionia, Isabella, Kent, Lake, Mason, Mecosta, Montcalm, Muskegon, Newaygo, Oceana, Osceola, and Ottawa.
WMSRDC is also the planning agency for the metropolitan transportation planning (MPO) program for Muskegon and Northern Ottawa Counties.
Please review WMSRDC's 2013 Annual Report which highlights many of WMSRDC's accomplishments on behalf of local communities. WMSRDC would like to thank its many partners for their support and assistance.
The 2014 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) Plan and Summary are now available. The six-page summary provides a synopsis of the CEDS document including an explanation of the CEDS process, brief regional profile, a list of the 2014 CEDS projects, and recent economic investments in the region.
Check out the February/March Issue of the WMSRDC Newsletter. Read about:
- Evacuation Med Sleds
- A commentary by Sandeep Dey, WMSRDC Executive Director
- Proposed Economic Development Projects for the Region
- New Officers Elected to WMSRDC Board
- Village of New Era Recreation Plan
- Lake Michigan Water Trail
- Hazard Mitigation Planning
- Non-motorized Transportation Planning
- Also included in the newsletter are updates on WMSRDC's transportation, economic development, environmental, and homeland security planning activities.