Our mission is to promote and foster regional development in West Michigan through cooperation amongst local governments...
The West Michigan Shoreline Regional Development Commission is a federal and state designated regional planning and development agency serving 120 local governments in Lake, Mason, Muskegon, Newaygo, and Oceana Counties.
WMSRDC is also responsible for the management and administration of the homeland security program for the counties of Clare, Ionia, Isabella, Kent, Lake, Mason, Mecosta, Montcalm, Muskegon, Newaygo, Oceana, Osceola, and Ottawa.
WMSRDC is also the planning agency for the metropolitan transportation planning (MPO) program for Muskegon and Northern Ottawa Counties.
|Hot Topics at WMSRDC
The Michigan Environmental Hall of Fame Announces Inductees for 2015 - and WMSRDC's Kathy Evans is One of Them!
Notice on a Construction Bid Opportunity for the Bear Creek Hydrologic Reconnection and Habitat Restoration Project in Muskegon. Please follow the link below to download the Bear Creek Hydrologic Reconnection and Habitat Restoration Project bid drawings and specifications. https://geiconsultants.sharefile.com/d-sb96c70b0837467f9
INVITATION – PUBLIC INFORMATION MEETING – MAY 14, 6:00 P.M.
Muskegon Lake & Bear Lake shoreline landowners, local officials and watershed volunteers are invited to attend an Informational Meeting on Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 6:00 pm at Laketon Twp Hall, 2735 W. Giles Rd.
Presenters will discuss the topic of non-native invasive plants along the Muskegon Lake and Bear Lake shorelines and present the goals and resources available through watershed and conservation organization partners and the
West Michigan Shoreline Regional Development Commission (WMSRDC), with support from a U.S. EPA Great Lakes Restoration Initiative grant project (GLRI).
The GLRI project includes public education, landowner trainings, volunteer trainings, monitoring, and professional treatment of high priority areas on public and/or private properties.
The May 14 program will feature presentations by conservation professionals, ecological restoration consultants and WMSRDC project staff. Topics will include an overview of project goals and information on available resources.
We will discuss ways to become involved, answer questions, and provide an opportunity for landowners and volunteers to sign up for: control method trainings, demonstration events, & Early Detection/Rapid Response exercises. Download flyer here.
Please sign up by contacting Gale Nobes at email@example.com or (231) 722-7878 x 22.
WMSRDC, through the Great Lakes Commission, secures $7.9 Million for Muskegon Lake-Bear Creek Cleanup
WMSRDC is teaming with the MIplace Partnership Initiative and others to offer a PLACEMAKING STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP: From Planning to Action! for Muskegon County. Click here for details.
The 2015 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) Plan and Summary are now available. The six-page summary provides a synopsis of the CEDS document including an explanation of the CEDS process, brief regional profile, a list of the 2014 CEDS projects, and recent economic investments in the region.
- The Muskegon and Northern Ottawa County Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), which is responsible for transportation planning in the area, has updated its Public Participation Plan in Transportation Decision Making. This plan identifies the steps the MPO will take to involve the community in the transportation planning process.
- The February/March 2015 WMSRDC Newsletter is Now Available Here and in Hard Copy. Check out these stories:
- West Michigan Regional Prosperity Alliance Receives Funding
- Spotlight on Economic Development Grant Applications
- Invasive Plant Removal & Early Detection
- Green Infrastructure & Water Quality
- EDA Representative Visits Region
- WMSRDC Staff Participates in Governor's Economic & Education Summits
- Steady Progress on the Long Range Transportation Plan is Being Made by the MPO
- WMSRDC Participating in Rural Task Force Oversight Board
- Department of Homeland Security to Begin Project Level Monitoring
- WMSRDC Works with Local Communities on Recreation and Master Plans
- Check out the 2014 WMSRDC Annual Report . Read about:
- Regional Economic Development Strategies
- Improving Transportation Infrastructure
- Homeland Security Grants
- Lake Michigan Water Trail
- Hazard Mitigation
- Regional Forums
- Environmental Restoration
- Port of Muskegon Activities
- And much more!